So if you never installed a firmware manually, then you never used Odin before, in that case you can use the instructions on this post.
Odin is simply a flashing tool that's originally released by Samsung and now it's continually maintained, developed and distributed for Samsung Galaxy users to flash firmware, root their device and flashing a custom recoveries such as CWM, TWRP and Philipz. So if you are the owner of the Samsung Galaxy flagship then you use at least have sufficient interaction with Odin.
- A Windows OS computer, currently Odin only supports Windows operating system based computer, thus make sure you have one.
- A USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy device to your computer.
- USB Drivers installed on your computer to recognize your Samsung Galaxy flagship.
- Download Odin tool for PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy firmware from SamMobile (Search on the firmware there) to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy device.
How to use Odin to flash firmware on Samsung Galaxy?Instructions.
- Now you need to turn off your device using the Power Off option.
- Once your Samsung Galaxy device is turned off, you need to boot it to the Download Mode by pressing and holding these three buttons; Volume Down + Power + Home.
- A Warning!!! will appear, just release all the bottoms, continue with pressing the Volume UP button to get your device into the Download Mode.
- Once your device is in Download Mode, you can open Odin by clicking the file name, see the image below that's based on Odin version.
- You can now connect your Samsung Galaxy using a USB cable to computer now for Odin to recognize your Samsung Galaxy device.
- If Odin managed to detect your device then you will see a notification saying Added!!!.
- Click on PDA or AP (Based on your Odin version) button on Odin then search the firmware file you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- Once the firmware found and its name appears on the PDA just clickthe Start button to start the firmware flashing process.
- If everything gone smooth, Odin successfully flashed the firmware, it will show the Pass notification.
Congratulations my friend because you have known the full steps to use Odin to flash firmware.